Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow

Well we got the first real snowfall of the season today. Back when I was a kid, I would have been thrilled.  I, who was a homebody even then, would have been out playing in it. Throwing snowballs, making snowmen, and just generally having fun.

Today, I'm more into cursing snow. Now I have to shovel it and drive in it, neither of which are any fun. Unlike as a kid, I don't get the day off just because we had snow. They never cancel my work no matter how much it snows.

About the only thing I like about snow these days is how happy it makes my dog, Quinn. He's a Siberian Husky, so this is really his type of weather. He loves rolling around in snow, and digging in snow, and just generally being in snow. It's good that at least one of us is happy about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment