Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Preordering Books

I can't really think of anything better to talk about today, so I figure I might as well go over some of the books I have on preorder and why I preordered them:

Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz.I love the Odd Thomas series, and I decided to take advantage of the free month of Amazon Prime I got with my Kindle to order this with free two-day shipping.

Art of Molly Crabapple Volume 1: Week in Hell by Molly Crabapple. I was one of the Kickstarter supporters for the project, so I decided to buy the book to go along with my snazzy artwork. Also, Molly has a contest for preordering this.

Clickers vs. Zombies by J. F. Gonzalez and Brian Keene. I love the Clickers series, and I love Brian Keene's zombie novels, so this was a must. Sure, I will be getting a copy of the trade edition from my J. F. Gonzalez lifetime subscription, but that won't be for a year or so, and I couldn't wait, so I preordered the limited.

Undead (limited edition) by John Russo. I love zombies, and these are by the gut who helped write Night of The Living Dead, and this omnibus includes his novelization. Mind you, if I'd done my research, I'd have known that there is a trade edition, already in print, and I would have ordered that.

The Woman by Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee. Sure I could have ordered the paperback of this, and I'd have it already, but that's put out by Dorchester Publishing. Dorchester is evil. So, I preordered the hardcover instead.

The Horror Hall of Fame: The Stoker Winners edited by Joe Lansdale. I like collections of award winning fiction, and I got this one fairly cheap with a coupon.


No comments:

Post a Comment